I try and make one meal for everyone. It is hard enough to get dinner on the table…let alone separate meals for the kids. I have been trying to make a meal that everyone likes BUT that can be switched up!
Last night I made this quick, easy meal! The girls loved it, and then I added a few things to my husband’s and mine…it was a hit all around!
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- olive oil
- 2 cups of frozen broccoli
- 1/2 pound pasta (I used cut pasta)
- Fresh lemon, chopped tomatoes, and grated cheese (Use these as ad ons)
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the box. Once finished cooking, drain and toss with olive oil and set aside.
- Meanwhile saute onion in 2 table spoons of olive oil. Cook on medium heat for 2 – 3 minutes, add chopped garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Add frozen broccoli and put the lid on. Cook for about 5 – 8 minutes (until broccoli is cooked)
- I took my broccoli out and cut it into little pieces and then returned it to the pan.
- Toss the pasta and the broccoli mixture
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and enjoy!
- For a more adult meal…once I served the girls, I made a bowl for my husband and myself. Then I took half of a lemon and squeezed the juice on both bowls. Once I finished, I tossed each bowl of pasta. I also cut up tomatoes and roasted them in the broiler (on high for about 8 – 10 mins). I added the tomatoes and some crushed red pepper to our bowls. It was so yummy! The lemon really added a good flavor!